When it comes to home maintenance, there are certain things that can wait (like removing that tired looking wallpaper in the bedroom), and others that should be tackled without delay (like cleaning rain gutters before the snow flies). What may seem like a minor issue now, can quickly turn into a homeowner’s nightmare.
So, to help keep your home in tip-top shape, we’re pleased to present the following plumbing and related home maintenance tips.
Your Home’s Exterior
- Clean and inspect rain gutters and downspouts seasonally to prevent water from making its way into your home.
- Inspect your roof for missing or damaged shingles. Replacing a few shingles is not nearly as costly as putting on a new roof.
- Repair cracks or holes in siding to keep rain, snow, and pests out.
- Check the foundation for cracks. A crack in your home’s foundation will only get worse with time and can compromise the structure.
- Take note of any wood rot as it could be a sign of water damage or termite infestation.
Your Home’s Interior
- Save water and money by fixing leaky faucets, shower heads, and toilets as soon as you spot them.
- Inspect exposed pipes in your basement and garage for corrosion or leaks.
- Whether on a wall, ceiling, or even inside your dishwasher, tackle mold immediately. Not only is it a health hazard, it could be a sign of structural damage.
- Repair loose floor tiles, wood floorboards, and stair rails before someone gets hurt.
- Prevent water damage by re-caulking your bath or shower surround, and re-grouting tiles when necessary.
- Contact a professional plumber if you suddenly notice a significant drop in water pressure.
Here at Prestige, we can help remedy all of your plumbing issues. Contact us today for a warm and professional greeting and prompt scheduling.